Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Blessings


Things that I am grateful for.

I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a mother. That I was able to give birth to my boys and experience them growing inside of me. I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. At no point in my life was a more sad or down as when I was not living the Gospel principles. I am grateful for my testimony and the opportunities that I have to share it(even though I don't do it enough). I am grateful that we have temples here on earth and that I am sealed to my wonderful husband and my boys for all time and eternity and that we will be a family forever. I am grateful for my husband. He is so patient with me and never complains. No matter how ornery I am at the end of the day or how messy the house is or the fact that dinner came out of the freezer...again. He is wonderful and I count him as one of my greatest blessings. I am grateful to have enough money to have a roof over my head and food in my fridge and enough to help out those that might need it. I am grateful for my family. For a father that has taught me by example about generosity and always being willing to help out those that are less fortunate that you. For a mother that taught me by example about unconditional love. For brothers and sisters that would drop everything to help me out if I need them to. For my in-laws. Wow. What an example of a great marriage. I hope Nate and I can be as happy and as in love as they are in 30 years. For sister-in-laws that have taken me in as one of their own and have truly become some of my dearest friends. For my two little boys. There is no one in this world that can bring a smile to my face faster than them. They are so loving and patient with me as I strive to be a better mother. I love their endless amounts of energy. I only wish they could share it. I am grateful for my dogs. I know it sounds cheesy, but it is so nice to have somethings that asks for so little and gives so much in return. I am grateful for my calling in the Relief Society Presidency. It is so humbling and helps me to remember how small my problems are. Never have I worked so hard with no pay and enjoyed it so much. I am grateful for my friends. I have some of the greatest friends and I adore them.

These are just a few of the things I am grateful for.

5 comments:

amber buhrley said...

I really enjoyed reading this and have to admit kind of hit a spot in me. But then again I cry at everything! Dang I miss ya!

Molly Koch said...

love this post... and i love love love that family picture. you guys look adorable!

Ciera said...

Thanks for the reminders of what is really important!

Christie Stewart said...

There is no way Nate doesn't complain when you are ornery. That is impossible and Nate is human. I have lived with you before, don't try to BS me!! If he isn't complaining to you, he is complaining to someone. Tell Nate he can call me when he needs to complain!!! LOL! I love you Britty, you are the best!!!

Creative Corner said...

That was about the best post. I was just on the LDS website and there was an article and someone talked about using blogs to spread the gospel and I thought hmmm just how do you do that....you just did it perfectly!

I really love you and Jen sure wish I were able to see you, maybe sometime we can meet at Chandler Mall! Thanks for the post!