On January 25th I celebrated the 1st anniversary of my 29th Birthday. I have decided that I will not get any older than 29. I will just be celebrating the anniversary of the day I turned 29.
To help me celebrate this wonderful day my great friend Amber Buhrley was able to fly out and spend the weekend with me. She is the best friend anyone could ask for. For some reason we just get along so well. I think we both just have a really weird sense of humor and we think that the other one is hilarious. We love to do the same things and be around each other. We can talk about anything and no matter how long we have been apart when we get back together it is as if we never left. The best part is that in July she is moving to California and will only be about 6 hours away. Yeah!!!
On the morning of my birthday Amber came up and got my boys out of my bed so that I could sleep in a little. She had the boys help her with breakfast. When she asked Brock what he wanted to make me for breakfast he told her "Cereal, Mommy loves cereal." My 4 year old knows me well. Cold cereal is my favorite food. Ignoring Brock's advice she made delicious German Pancakes with homemade syrup. They were so good. Then we went to Target and did a little shopping and came home to watch one of my favorite movies..."Win a Date with Tad Hamilton". Then I opened the 30 presents that Amber had gotten me. It was so much fun. She had written a little explanation and a memory of why she bought each gift. She got me some great stuff and reminded me of some funny memories of our time in Omaha together. After that Nate, Amber, Brock and Brody took me out to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. It was a great day.
The next day, Saturday was even better. Amber and I got up and were out of the house by 9:30 in the morning. We spent the day shopping and had a fabulous lunch in Scottsdale. We topped the night off with the movie "27 Dresses". I really couldn't have asked for a better day. I was able to shop without kids, I didn't have to cook or clean all day and I saw a movie that was not animated. Does it get any better? Not in my book.
I can't thank Amber or my sweet husband Nate enough for making my birthday so special!!
16 years ago
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Britney. Sounds like you had a great couple of days. I had a really hard time with 30 but it's good to have a husband and friends to make life easier. We miss you guys. Talk to you soon.
Happy Birthday Britney! The 30s are awesome!! You'll enjoy celebrating the next 10 anniversaries of turning 29. :) I can't speak beyond the 30s yet...but I'm sure they are great, too. Glad your friend was able to come and make your w/end so special for you!!
Happy belated! 30 is the new 20, so technically you are now 20!
Don't sweat it...I'm only a few days behind you and feeling the same way. 30 IS NOT OLD!
Love ya -
Happy late Birthday Brittney! It was so good to meet you and your beautiful family a few weeks ago. We need to go out to dinner again. And you should bring your boys over to my house any time so Crew can play with them while you and Nate go to the temple. I can do it anytime! You let me know...
I forgot yours and my birthdays are so close together. Happy Belated Birthday. I am on my second anniversary. I am glad Amber was able to visit. Say hi to her for me.
I'm glad that you had such a great birthday! That is so fun that you got to spend it with Amber!
Happy Birthday. 30 is the new 20 so I suppose I am looking forward to it? Your hair is to cute!
Happy Late Birthday Brittany!! Sounds like a dream weekend. You know what they say once you get to that age: You don't get older you just get wiser! Did you hear we are moving to Pheonix for sure where Jaren has an associateship! Wahoo I can't wait to make some mula!
Post a Comment