The boys and I have been traveling non-stop for the last 3 weeks. We have had so much fun.
The first trip was back to Boston to see some of my family. I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters that live back there that are from my Mom's first marriage. They are great people and we had a blast. We stayed with my sister Lori at her house. She was nice enough to put up with us for 6 days. I must say that in those 6 days there was only 1thing broken and that was a glass. Not bad boys!! She even put together an amazing treasure hunt for the boys with a real treasure map and an awsome treasure at the end. The boys are still talking about it. We went to and amuzement park, the Boston Aquarium, a great park with a huge slide and the boys got to swim at my sister Cheryl's house. It was great and the boys loved every minute of it. They especially loved wrestling with Uncle Jeff and playing fetch with Lori's dog Taco (real name Tucker, but when Brody said it, it sounded like taco). The best part was that my niece just graduated from college and we were able to go to her graduation party. We we able to see all of the family and just hang out together. Thank to all the "Back East Fam" for putting up with us and making the trip so wonderful. We can't wait for you to come out to our neck of the woods.
The next stop was Flaming Gorge!!! This is my family cabin and it is my very favorite place to be. I LOVE IT! My entire family tries to get together over the 4th of July every year. We had such a great time this year. We spent 3 days out on the water and the rest of the time we were riding the 4 wheelers and eating. Can I just say that we eat like kings when we are there. One night my sister Melinda made Rack of Lamb for something like 25 people. It was AWESOME! I didn't think I liked lamb, but this was fabulous. My sister Melinda is a great cook and she makes sure we all have full bellies. Thanks MinMin, You Rock!!!
For the first time in 20 some odd years I was not up at Flaming Gorge for the actual 4th of July. This year I left early to spend some time with Nate's family up in Idaho Falls. This was the first time in over 6 years that his entire family has been together. It was a lot of fun. We got to go to the Idaho Falls parade and see a great firework show just over the Idaho Falls Temple. It was awesome. We spent a day out on the water where my husband somehow managed to brake a couple of ribs water skiing. Sometimes I think he forgets that he isn't 18 anymore. The next morning most of us were able to go golfing. Yes, Nate golfed with broken ribs. A few broken bones is not going to stop this man from a round of golf with his dad and brothers. I was able to golf with my mother-in-law 2 sister-in-laws. It was a great time. I even managed to fall out of the cart at one point. We really had a great time and wanted to be sure to thank Boyd and Yvonne for putting up with all of at their house at once.
Through all this traveling the boys were GREAT!! They spent over 14 hours on a planes, 10 hours in airports and an unbelievable 37 hours in the car. What troopers I have. They put up with a lot and so does their Dad. I love the 3 men in my life more than anything.









9 comments:
how fun! Sounds like you had a whirlwind couple of months! I love the fourth of july in idaho falls. We usually try and make it over every year. Did you guys go to the parade? Glad to finally have an updated post on your life. Your boys are dang cute and you look awesome! Miss you!
Your boys are so cute, I can't believe how fast they grow into little men. Have a great summer.
So what? Are we not worth mentioning as one of your stops? Just kidding. It was good to see you guys on your way out.
Sounds like a great summer! You all look great and happy! Whenever you are at the Gorge and have some time, let us know and we'll drive out to see you!
Looks fun. I agree with the Brown's... you forgot the best part of stopping to see your favorite friends from Dental school... J/K It was fun to see you guys.
She is back. Only a month and a half since the last post! It's me, I had to give you crap.
I miss you a ton. Sounds like you have been having a great time. If you were in Flaming Gorge, I know you were here with no phone calls. Nice Brittany.
KP came to town and I saw her. Anne and Amanda came over too and we had dinner at my house. The dinner was terrible, but the company was great. We missed you!
This is totally random but I ran across your blog accidentally and wanted to say hi. My name is Sharese and my family lives in the Hammond's neighborhood in IF. What a cute family you guys have! I would love to meet you sometime, Brittany. We don't get back home very often so I don't run into many high school friends. Its funny that you are in Arizona, my in-laws just got called as mission presidents in the Phoenix mission. I hope all is well with the Hammond family!
hi brittany! you lucky girl that gets to travel so much! i am hearing that we are going to get together soon here in slc...hope it's true! and don't believe christie's comment, dinner wasn't THAT bad. i have a blog too!
Sounds like you have all had a lot of fun. Bummer about the broken ribs - sounds painful! It sounds like now you need a little R and R!
Post a Comment