Saturday, August 16, 2008

ALASKA!!!



I get to do my own blog since this was my trip. Britt's Dad was good enough to take his son and son-in-laws and two of his granddaughters on a week long trip to Alaska. We stayed right on the Kenai River in Soldotna and fished basically all day. The sun doesn't go down right now so we would fish real late. We fished for Red Salmon, Silver Salmon, and King Salmon. We did a bunch of fly-outs where a little plane would fly us to a remote area in Alaska and we would fish by ourselves. We saw lots of bears, and caught lots of fish. We went and saw a glacier called exit glacier which was pretty cool. Unfortunately I didn't catch a king but I tried my best sitting on a little boat for twelve freakin hours listening to the guide tell the same stories over and over again. Maybe next time. It was an amazing trip and I want to thank Gary for the great time and for being so incredibly generous.

5 comments:

amber buhrley said...

sounds fun nate! matt was really jealous when he found out! Can't wait until we see you guys again!

Kristen said...

Dude, that looks pretty sweet. Chris would love love love to do that. Count me out though. Catching fish and looking bears in the face. Yikes. Glad you had a good time though. We miss you guys.

Unknown said...

Hey- This is Wyatt. I ran into some friends of yours here knocking doors in Columbia, MO. I can't remember their names but they went to Creighton med school and have four little girls( all redheads). He would play golf with Brad. Anyways they said "hello".

Staffords said...

It is good to see the boys. THey have really grown. Such cuties. I love blogging. It is fun keeping tabs on people.

Ciera said...

Sounds like a great trip! Bryant will be jealous when he hears about it!