Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Big Elk



Just wanted to post a picture of the big elk my brother Brad and I got last weekend. We took her just west of Flagstaff at six in the morning just five minutes into the hunt. Brad made an amazing shot from about 200 yards without a tripod or anything. We were driving on an old dirt road and saw these two huge elk. Brad grabbed his gun and got out of the car. The elk started to run so I got out and whistled. I got their attention and Brad shot. We went to start tracking the elk but Brad had nailed it in the spine and it dropped where she stood. We went up, finished her off, and the rest is history. It was pretty exciting. Hopefully we can get a bull tag in the near future.

6 comments:

amber buhrley said...

Bambi is crying in some tree stump...so sad!

anne said...

wrong post but congrats on the new practice! that's awesome!

Ciera said...

Congrats! Bryant is trying again this Saturday to get an elk.

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Well, that was a quick hunt. Nice shot, but didn't your Dad ever tell you not to shoot a girl :) Did you get her elk ivory teeth? My dad sends them to a jewler and makes jewlery, I just know Britt or Jenn would LOVE that! haha

amber buhrley said...

I think your title to your blog should read, "The Adventures of Brock and Brody...and Nate!"

The Brown's said...

did nate really post that? thats awesome! Jared doesnt even know our blog address! your boys are so cute. Im jealous of all of your fun trips. looks like so much fun!