Thursday, April 24, 2008

Lets back up a little


In March I took the boys to CA with my parents to meet up with my sister, Melinda, and her family. We had such a great time with them. We went to Disneyland and to New Port Beach and had a blast. My boys LOVE all 3 of her kids and they are always so patient with the boys. This trip to Disneyland was totally different than the first time Nate and I took the boys. When Nate and I took them we focused on all the kiddie rides and spent the majority of our time in Toon Town. This trip we never even made it to Toon Town. In fact we only went on 3 kiddie rides all day long. Brody slept most of the afternoon so Brock was able to ride all the big kid rides. He had no idea what he was in for as he stood in line at each ride. I was so proud of him. He didn't cry once but there was a couple of times that he had a look of complete and utter fear on his face. I think because Lizzie, Jake and Catherine we so excited about them all he just thought that he was supposed to be excited too. I can honestly say that I don't think we went on one ride that we had been on the first time we went. Like I said it was a totally differet trip. We ate dinner at "Goofy's Kitchen" which for me was the highlight of the trip. The characters come around to the table while you are eating and they do a bunch of songs with the kids. The boys are the perfect age for it. Brock was just in awe of all the characters. Brody on the other hand was a little hesitant but warmed up to them after a while. They really loved every minute of it. Thanks to the Pickrell's for "inviting" us to tag-along with them. We had a great time with them and with my brother-in-law John's family.

4 comments:

Shaun & April said...

Looks fun. I love when you update. I found some funny pictures of Broc when you went on your cruise. I'll get my scanner working and send them to you. Jen have a blog yet?

amber buhrley said...

Cute! Now waiting for cruise pictures. I am going to send you my cd, can you send me when of your pictures?

Christie Stewart said...

Um, hello! Stop being such a stranger!

Ciera said...

Fun vacation! Your kids are growing up a lot!