Monday, August 27, 2007

Had Camera, No Pictures

So, I have been out of town and had family in town for the last two weeks, and if you can believe it I never once picked up my camera and took any pictures. What a terrible mother I am.

Two weeks ago the boys and I left for Utah for the White Family Reunion. It was so much fun. My Dad had rented a 30 foot blow up slide that was a blast. Everyone was able to play on it. Even the adults. The most fun part was at the end after everyone had gone home my sisters and their kids and my kids were able to play on it. Lets just say that at age 29 I can still keep up with the best of them. We were doing all sorts of trick and flips on the way down. Both Brock and Brody loved it. They couldn't get enough of it. They slept really well that night.

My Mom was able to fly home with us after our Utah trip and my Dad joined us a couple of days later. It was so much fun having them around. The boys loved it as did Nate and I. We were able to go out on a much needed date just the two of us. We went to see the Broadway play Mamma Mia in Phoenix. It was a lot of fun. It made me remember how much I enjoy going to plays and how much I enjoy being with my husband.

Five minutes after we got home from the airport last Saturday, the phone rang and it was a member of the bishopric. He was wanting to come over as soon as possible. Note, it was 7:15 pm when he called. You are now "looking" at the 2nd Counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. Yeah for me...note the sarcasm in my voice. Funny enough, I called my sister, Alicia, to tell her about it and that same day she had been put in as the 1st counselor in her ward.

We are all off to Utah again this week. Nate, his brothers Brad and Greg and his Dad are all going to the opening football game for BYU. The boys and I are heading up to my family's cabin up at Flaming Gorge. Hopefully I will have some pics to post next time.

0 comments: