Well the boys and I made one last trip up to Utah last week. We went up to my family cabin at Flaming Gorge. It is one of my favorite places on earth and quickly becoming one of the boys favorite also. They really had a lot of fun playing with their cousins. It was such a special treat to have Grandma LaBelle up there with us. She is 88 years old and in the spring underwent surgery for a triple by pass and valve replacement. To say the least, she is one amazing woman. We went out on the water and had a blast. I had to prove to myself and to my family, that I could still ski and wake board. Does getting up and about killing yourself 10 times count? Lets just say that I hobbled around for the next couple of days. This body is not quite what it used to be. Not that it was all that to begin with. The 2nd day we were there the guys went out fishing and the girls stayed home. After a little persuasion...more like "Brock come ride the 4 wheeler or going inside." Brock found his favorite new toy, Grandpa's Red Motorcycle (4 wheeler). He had so much fun driving it around and giving Brody rides. I think he felt like such a "big kid" considering all the other cousins were riding too. We made a fire the last night there and lit fireworks and ate homemade rootbeer ice cream. It was such a blast. Right before we left we had a fish fry and ate all the fish that were caught. Is there really anything better than fresh fish right off the grill? After a lunch of fish and hot dogs it was back on the road again with 2 boys and 2 dogs. 2 days and 14 hours of driving we were back home. It was worth all the hassel and all the many stops that it took to get there. I love my family so much and love spending time with them. Thanks to my sweet husband for not putting up too much of a fuss and letting us go. Hope you enjoy the pics.
16 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment