So today is Sunday and we went to church like we always do knowing that the entire reason that we go to church at this point in our lives is for our children. It has been years since I have sat through an entire sacrament meeting. Things are only getting worse as Brody is getting older. He is so hard in church. He has been kicked out of nursery twice now. Once for biting and today for wrestling with kids that obviously don't know how to play wrestle mania. The reason for this post is to ask for help. I am humbling myself and admitting that I am at my wits ends with this kid. As the picture shows, he is adorable, but looks are deceiving. I love him to death but he makes church so difficult. We don't know what to do with him for the hour and the minutes that we are supposed to keep him confined, quiet and "reverent". I have tried puzzles, books, coloring, snacks etc. When we take him out we hold him and don't let him run around. Please someone let me in on the secret to controlling a 2 year old. I am up for trying ANYTHING. Just give me some new ideas please.
16 years ago
5 comments:
I'm sorry to hear your woes! I can tell you're at your wits end. Sad to say that I, having my own two year old church issues (we keep Brandon in church w/ us b/c he refuses the nursery...screams at the door the whole time), have know advice for you...except to say I'm CERTAIN it is a phase and will pass (don't you hate that answer?!) Sorry charlie!!!
I am afraid to asy it, but you just have to stick to your guns on it. Sounds like you are doing everything right and time will fix this one. I dealt with it with Cole and am now dealing with it with Taylor. Firm, but loving.
i am laughing so hard b/c while you are in the hallway... i am too!! when i picked up braden a few weeks ago- they fessed up that they put him in a seperate room that day with a few toys b/c he kept stealing from everyone else and fighting. so of the 12 kids there.. mine is the one who got put in his own room... isn't it sad as a parent? I have no good answer for you. I am hoping that the time change with the new year will help?! sunday is the hardest day of the week!!! what happened to it being the best?
I saw your blog on the Brown's blog. Hope you don't mind me commenting. I will tell you what works for us. We have done this with every single kid and it has worked for us. I don't remember the last time we had to take a kid out. We threaten the "dark and scarry room". We started it in Omaha (and it was a dark and scarry room). We told them if they didn't stop that is where they went. So it only took 1 times with each kid. We take them in there, turn the lights out and shut the door. Honestly I never had to take my kids out after that. Now, granted, I have all girls and I know boys are different but it might be something to try. Also, start taking stuff away from him. When he realizes you are serious you will be suprised how well behaved they will become. My kids know I mean business, if I say something I go through with it!
Good luck!
Well, it sounds like Brock is good, at least he's undercontrol. We still have problems with Clara soo Jaren started taking her out in a room and putting her nose in the corner. I don't know if it works with a 2 yr. old boy? But it worked with Clara and now when she is bad we say do you want daddy to put you in the corner? She quiets right up, and when she doesn't which is rare now, Jaren does just that. I feel like it is so old fashion or mean, but then I figure at least it isn't a beating haha! Good luck
Post a Comment