Monday, October 08, 2007

Kids really do say the darndest things.


So my little Brock is such a funny little creature. Every after noon we have the same conversation....

Mom--Brock it's time to take a nap, let go in and go to the bathroom. Brock--I don't need to go. Mom--Then you have to wear a pull-up(a glorified diaper). Do you want to wear a pull-up. Brock--No, I'll go.

This conversation really happens everyday. If he just went in and went to the bathroom I would probably think he was sick or something.

Also, I had been noticing that Brock wasn't getting under the covers at bedtime. He was wanting to sleep on top. At first I was ok with it. We do live in Arizona and the nights can be a little on the warm side. I would just go in and pull down the covers and tuck him in before I went to sleep. This got old kind of quick. Holding a 40lb sleeping child while trying to pull down the sheets is not an easy task. So the other night I told him he had to sleep under the covers. He refused and I asked him why he didn't want to sleep under the covers. His answer....Then I won't have to make my bed in the morning. How funny is that. After agreeing to help him make his bed in the morning he got under the covers. What a little dork. What is even cuter is that he does make his bed every morning by himself. Thanks to a awesome show on Nick Jr. called Yo Gabba Gabba. It has a part where the kids learn to do things for themselves like making their bed, washing their hair or brushing their teeth.

He thinks he is so big. And he is getting big. It is sad how fast time goes and how fast they get big. As annoying as it is when he crawls in bed with me at 5:30 every morning and has to sleep right next to me. I cherish this time with him. I know that someday it will end and that someday I will have to force him to give me hugs and kisses. The I love you Mommys won't be unsolicited and they will have a tone of obligation to them. Oh what a sad day that will be. Until then I will continue to cuddle with him every morning and take all the hugs, kisses and I love you's he is willing to hand out.

3 comments:

Suz... said...

that's cute. I know what you mean about how fast they grow. Reminds me of the saying "this to shall pass"...meaning the bad and, sadly, the good times.

Christie Stewart said...

I want Cole to watch that show. He is conviced he can't make it own bed. Granted his is hard to make, even for me, there is no effort on his part. But at least poops in the toilet every time now and not when he just feels like it. Progress. Definately.

You need to put something up about Brody. I am sensing favortism!!! JK.

Christie Stewart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.