
The week before Christmas, Nate and I were able to go to NYC for a couple of days. It was so fun. We had no kids and not really much of an agenda. We saw the sights and took in a few shows. Let me just say that "Wicked" is well, WICKED. I loved it and would highly recomend it to anyone. It was fun to just be together and remember the reasons why we love eachother. Sometimes kids get in the way of things like that. 
The other wonderful thing about NYC was that I was able to catch up with some long time friends. The first was my friend Courtnie Checketts that I have known since the 3rd grade. We went to lunch at this great chinese restraunt with a view of the Lady Liberty. It was fun to be with her and look back on all the fun times we had.
The other friend was Kristen Pilgreen, a sorority sister from my days as an Alpha Chi Omega at the University of Utah (GO UTES!!). She was a brides maid at my wedding and is one of the best people I know. She is also one of the funniest people I know. Anyone that knows KP will attest that no one can tell a story like KP and no one has better stories than her.
It was great to be with my wonderful husband and see some great friends. The best part was having the opportunity to "miss" my children. You other stay-at-home moms might agree that when you are with your kiddies 24/7 you don't really have the chance to "miss" them. They are always there needing or wanting something. Thanks Nate for a great trip and thanks to my sister-in-law Cherie for taking the boys for us.
16 years ago
3 comments:
I am so jealous. Tracy and I keep saying we are going to take a trip, but we have been done 7 months and we still have gone no where. Maybe someday.....
Oh I would love to go to New York. Heck-I would love to go on a date with Wayne anywhere. By the way, I love your hair, it's really cute.
So good to see pictures. I cant wait. We leave next wednesday! I will have to get more details so I know where to go! Glad you had a good time. You look so cute in all the pictures!
Post a Comment